After over a decade of mostly successful corporate career accent, it is rough to admit that I am the worst employee when I work for myself. I look for any opportunity to get out of doing work. I slack. I make excuses. I mismanage my time worse than a two-year-old. This is simply embarrassing.
But such is human nature.
After eight month of “winging it” it was time to get serious. Getting serious meant making a schedule:
- 5:00 am – get up, work out and get the coffee going
- 5:30 am – sit down at my desk in the studio and start working
- 7:00 – 9:00 pm – just enjoy being a mom
- 9:00 – 10:00 pm – adult time, possibly R-rated
- 10:00 pm – go to bed and don’t play with iPad, iPod, cell phone, Gameboy, etc.
Today is “Day 1.”
And here is to a plethora of productive days to follow!